Thursday, February 09, 2006

Funeral Rights.............





It seems these days that one can conduct oneself any kind of way, anywhere, as one sees fit. Wrong. There is a time and place for everything, including trashing the President of the United States of America. Doing so at the Coretta Scott King political rally/funeral is not acceptable- regardless of what anyone might think.

I acknowledge Mrs. King because she was the wife of Martin Luther King. Whenever her Husband walked out the door she never knew if he was coming back home alive. One day he would not, and Coretta had to live that nightmare. But I have had a bone to pick with Her and her Children for years. It has to do with the King Center.

Living in the Atlanta area and having to see the King Center fall in disrepair like it has, largely due to their incompetent management of the center, broke my heart and angered me. Watching Coretta and her Children treat the King Center like a cash cow over the years hasn’t been easy. It made me want to grab them and shake hell out of them while saying, “ Martin belongs to all of us, not just you and yours.”

Hopefully, the King Center will eventually become the property of the people of the America, and be maintained properly. Hopefully the Children of Martin and Coretta Scott King will find peace and closure. Last of all, hopefully I’ll never have to hear some of the ridiculous crap that I heard at the Coretta Scott King political rally/funeral at a funeral ever again.

Later’

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 18 06
"Last of all, hopefully I’ll never have to hear some of the ridiculous crap that I heard at the Coretta Scott King political rally/funeral at a funeral ever again."

Enough said. You have mastered the art of being succinct!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? php hit counter