Thursday, December 08, 2005

Congressional Black Caucus to Oppose Alito..........


Congressional Black Caucus to Oppose Alito
This is what the CBC had to say concerning their opposition to the Nomination of Judge Alito:
"The members of the CBC are concerned about Judge Alito's opinions, many in dissent, in race cases where his decisions have disproportionately affected African-Americans," said Rep. Mel Watt, D- N.C., the caucus chairman.
"We are troubled by what appears to be a very conservative judicial philosophy that seems greatly at odds with much of 20th century constitutional jurisprudence," Watt said.


I believe everyone has to do what they think is right. If you are committed to a cause, hey, more power to you, but I can’t stand hypocrisy. The Democrats, and the CBC, seem to believe whenever there is a vacancy on the Supreme Court while a Democrat President is in office they have the right to put forth any nominee they see fit. This belief has led to some seriously liberal thinking Judges, so much so that we have today what has become to be known as “Judicial Activism.” With a Republican President, and Republican controlled House and Senate, the Democrats and the CBC all of a sudden believe no party, especially the Republican party, has the right to put forth a nominee that represents solely their own political ideals.

I have a strong dislike for hypocrites and hypocritical thinking. I especially hate the way the Media gives the Democrats a pass on this kind of thinking. The Media is well aware of the fact that during Democrat Presidential years the Democrats have never had any problems nominating and getting confirmed their Liberal judges. The Media is also aware that the Republicans do not receive the same treatment, by the Democrats or the media.

I believe there was a time when a black congressional caucus was necessary, these days I’m not sure. The CBC is an organization that is totally composed of black Democrats, - I checked, it was founded in 1969 to address the legislative needs of blacks and other minorities. I believe the Democratic Party addresses those needs just fine these days, so much so in my opinion they hurt the ones they intend to help. The CBC calls itself the “Conscience of Congress”, I wish they would display some conscience concerning fair play in nominating and conforming judges. If you have any thoughts concerning the existence of the CBC, please feel free to air them out. Who knows, you might convince me to change my position.

Later

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 08 05

Good points! Truly I have nothing more to say. I will have to highlight this post for tomorrows blogwatch:)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? php hit counter