Friday, October 14, 2005

Conspiracy Theories..............






The past few days have been alarming. Let me explain. I have been hearing more and more black folk espousing the idea that the levees in New Orleans were blown on purpose. Now, I didn’t worry when that racists Minister Farrakan started spouting his rhetoric, I didn’t flinch when Spike Lee ran his mouth, but I’m hearing perfectly normal, educated, productive black people repeating this idea. This alarms me.

It’s been said that if you repeat a lie often enough it will assume some semblance of truth. This is my worry. One only has to study a little history to see how a repeated lie eventually becomes gospel. Nazi Germany is an excellent example. Hitler hammered the Jews with false accusations and was able to kill them by the millions. It was called the Holocaust.

When I hear an outrageous claim like this one that people are holding up as fact, I do a simple thing- I ask some questions, what is there to gain from this, and for whom. See this is the disturbing part about this so-called conspiracy. It is my belief that as more and more black people leave the Liberal plantation the overseers ( black activists and civil rights pimps) are resorting to outright fear to keep them from leaving. Asking the above questions prove my point. I can not find anything that the government could gain from blowing the levees. But I can find some gain for the Liberals.

So, is this what it has all come down to, retaining power? I am afraid so. There is an upside to all of this. Although the New Orleans levee conspiracy has spread farther than I would like, it will only temporarily stop the exodus from the Liberal plantation. See, there are a lot of Harriet Tubmans out there, and we aren’t afraid to ”steal away home” And we are leading more and more people to freedom. Yeah, who would've thought the Undeground Railroad would run again.

Later’

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The belief has its roots in the now 30 year old belief that the flood gates to the lower 9th ward were left open so that that part of the city would flood while the historic and mostly white areas were saved. My family lost everything after Hurricane Betsy as well. This is not a new idea. Many people, not just black New Orleanians, believe that something happened to the levees (they were hit by loose barges...which clearly were not moved or secured before the storm, or were even dynamited) that could have been prevented. It has nothing to do with liberalism or black activism, but is rooted in the fact that there is a lot of animosity between races and classes in New Orleans. I don't beleive in conspiracy theories, but something happened that should not have happened. The Army Corps of Engineers can't even explain what happened to the levees (www.nola.com). The same level of distrust that poor and black people have in the medical establishment and in law enforcement is evident here. It is rooted in history. I don't blame anyone for being distrustful. These beliefs are coming from the people who have seen the ugliness first hand. There is no liberal agenda to make this look like something more than it is. It is too easy to just blame the liberals or the black activists. It's the people, black and white, who are saying this. Clearly this is reaching you second or third hand.

11:19 AM  
Blogger James Manning said...

I'm sure no one could have imagined the Tuskegee Experiments. I'm not sure what happened to the levees. I'm not one to get into conspiracies, but I am sure there is some neglect on the part of government (local or federal) to secure the levees in such a way that Hurricane Katrina could not have overwhelmed them. I'm no civil engineer so I'll have to leave this one up to the experts to figure out. But I think it is only natural that black folks feel a little... suspicious.

By the way, I noticed that you commented on my blog. Just thought I return the gesture!

12:00 PM  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

You are a fascinating conservative- and you still haven't told us how it happened, and I Tagged you ages ago to tell us the story.

How did you become a Black Conservative? How can you relate conservatism to Hendrix?

1:22 PM  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

PS. I watched a BBC doc about Katrina where the experts said that they told everyone that the levee's wouldn't stand a cat 3 hurricaine let alone a cat 5.

Didn't say that they were dynamited tho.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the levees in New Orleans were blown on purpose either. I think this is a simple case of economics in terms of those left behind. Racism is still very real but in many situations in this country today economics plays a much bigger part.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? php hit counter