Friday, September 16, 2005

Just some more crazy shit....











“George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power.”


Those are the words of Cindy Sheehan. The fact that she gets media time in my opinion is amazing. No, not amazing---fucking silly. Let’s examine this closely. There was a time when the media wouldn’t print the words of someone like Cindy Sheehan. There was a time when not one frame of video tape would have been wasted on this crazy bitch. Not these days, these days the media will put forth anyone that has anything to say, as long as it’s against George W. Bush.


I remember growing up sitting impatiently through the local newscast, then sitting through the national newscast, simply because back in the day there was one television in the house. One television that my Father decided what would be watched and what would not. Yeah, my Father was a feminists nightmare, taking charge of a family the way he did. Every night of my childhood we (tv viewing was a family thing back then) watched Walter Cronkite tell us the way it was. Guess what, we were some pretty well informed kids.

During my childhood it was Walter that helped a newly formed agency called NASA inspire a whole generation of young boys and girls. I never missed a launch. I practically lived and drank the space program. Yeah I drank the hell out of Tang and if it’s confession time—I still like the shit.

For damned near a decade of my childhood we watched the Viet Nam war unfold and collapse. We watched men being carried on bloody stretchers to waiting helicopters, sometimes under fire, limbs dangling lifelessly over the sides of the stretcher. We came to know the reporters and the risks that a lot of them were taking to bring us the stories that we saw. We sat in silence watching the last Huey helicopter take off from the American Embassy in Saigon, the panicked desperation of people trapped with their backs to the sea , using anything that would float or fly to get the hell out of dodge.

What I didn’t know growing up was the Media big boys were deciding even then what we would see and know. At least we didn’t see the stupid assed shit we see the media doing these days. There is no sense of journalism, it’s all agenda driven. I like Fox News but there are times they piss me the fuck off too. I just want the events as they are. I don’t want some assholes opinion and or his agenda. There is a time and place for opinions in the news- it’s called commentary.


Let’s go back to Cindy Sheehan to finish this post. I am sincerely sorry Her son was killed in Iraq. I appreciate his sacrifice and hope to hell he didn’t die in vain. But isn’t that what it would be if we did what she is asking? I have one word for Cindy Sheehan, Therapy.


Later’









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank GOD I am not the only one who thinks this is one crazy ignorant bitch!! You were right on with everything you said! I love your blog and your insights -- it is refreshing to see that their are others out there in this country who aren't blindly following the masses. From oneLibertarian to another - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? php hit counter